Blog Archive

7/31/12

Brass sheet jewelry display.



When getting some wood at Home Depot the other day, I saw these metal sheets that are used in cabinets and screen doors. The brass is super pretty and I really liked the cut outs in the sheets. The cut outs are the perfect size for clasps and hooks to slip through if used to display necklaces and earrings. I already have a jewelry box (HERE) that I repurposed out of an old medicine cabinet that holds bangles and chunky pieces, but a few of my long dangly necklaces and earrings still needed a place where they could easily be accessed when accessorizing. I decided to purchase a brass sheet and see what I could come up with!                                        


My first thought was to frame the brass sheet with a wood and then paint it teal or red. Because I wanted to have my jewelry in the bedroom, and wall space and dresser tops are pretty full and designed how I like it, I opted to hand the long metal sheet behind the door. I used a belt made of fabric (with a poppy print) to hang it! All I did was weave it through the cuts outs and then fasten the belt. I could have also used ribbon, but I loved the look of the belt (and I rarely wear it, so it works!) Next was the fun part of going through my jewelry. Once the necklaces and earrings were in place, I added the newly made jewelry hanger to the hat hook on the back of our bedroom door. 


And there you have it, a diy jewelry hanger with Home Depot roots! 


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this article, this is nice one… :-) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/08/2012

    Great idea! Thanks for sharing this with us. I will be looking for these brass sheets at Home Depot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome! The brass sheets aren't the cheapest if you go with the really detailed cut outs, but for under $20 I think it is still worth it :) There are sheets that are in the $5- $10 price range too.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.