This was an easy project that was inexpensive and a simple solution to getting me over my boredom with a green mirror we already had rather than spending a dime to get a new one.
![]() |
| I bought this mirror at HomeGoods about 3 years ago. It was red tagged and dirt cheap because it had a scratch in the corner. I saw beauty beyond this mere blemish, and was so grateful for it because it made a $$$$$ mirror only $20. This is the last place it hung. At our most recent home in Burbank, it sadly sat in the garage, accumulating dust and a few new scratches from our move to Colorado. |
I applied 2 thin coats of paint. I was surprised by how thick it went on. Because I purchased sample sizes, there was no option of glossy paint. It was just the pure paint, giving the mirror a more matte look in the end. I was happy with this though. If I were doing a bigger piece, I would have gone with a glossy finish. For a bigger piece, I would have needed to purchase at least a quart of the paint, giving me that glossy option. After the paint dried (only about 2 hours), and a few days later (once we purchased the hooks to hang the mirror), it landed on the wall perfectly in place above a writing desk to transition the space from the main living room to the hallway connecting the bedrooms and bathroom. Forgive the bare walls you see in these photos. I have yet to hang a single framed photo of artwork since we've moved in. That is a whole project in an of itself. Maybe tomorrow I tackle that one.




No comments:
Post a Comment
I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.