Blog Archive

8/27/12

Cheer up that lowly bottle.

Retired Bottles: Nothing cheers up a room more than a blooming flower stretching its petals toward sunlight. And to  the vintage lover or farm girl at heart, using retired milk bottles as a bud vase makes that blooming flower even more endearing. Repurposing items that may otherwise stay forgotten is something that I love. Fear not lowly bottle, you have a life purpose after your dairy days and after traveling from porch to porch with the milk man! Bottles like these can be found at flea markets, garage sales, or like in my case, at a thrift store. I lucked out and found this bottle for $1 (and they go from upwards $15 on eBay!). And to my delight, while enjoying my most recent coffee table book Found, Free, & Flea, I came across a photograph of milk bottles being used as bud vases. With red print on the bottles and all. Aren't they darling in a picnic table setting? What not a better way to add that old home feel to any table or room.
Reusing Tin: The red color pop under my found bottle is a tin lid from a Voluspa candle. I save the Voluspa tin after the candle is used up and find ways to repurpose them around the house. I've used them as tiny tin gift boxes, a container for bobby pins, a button tin, loose change jar, and a place to keep little notes and words of encouragement. Here the red works perfect as a little coaster for the bottle turned vase. The tins are too pretty to throw away! 
 And yes, the top of this dresser is rearranged for the tenth time this month ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.