Wide open space. This was in our top five reasons for why we must move to Colorado. Days like this are the ones I hold onto when the city gets to be too much. When to-do lists and chores try to become my focus, and when its easy to forget this, this beauty, that I was created to find solace in. There is a longing in my heart, and I think in all of us deep down, for wide open space. A space to feel so little, so vulnerable, so out of control as the world around feels so big, sky so high, while wandering at the will of the rising and setting sun. I like to imagine what it must have been like to discover this place. This western wide open space. What did they say? What did they see? Truly, where the buffalo roam, to the hills and through the valleys is what I hold onto. I hold onto it and keep it tied up in a leather bag that I open whenever I need a reminder. A reminder that this, this beauty, is what I was created to find joy in.


These photos were taken just outside of Morrison, Colorado.
Linking up with Annapolis & Company.
Linking up with Annapolis & Company.









I so enjoy hiking in the glory of the hills. Looking all around and imagining what it would have been like to live in the the cave and roam the hills all the way to the ocean. Such beauty and wonder refreshes not only the body but the soul. I miss it and cannot wait to be back out in nature. Thank you for sharing the beauty and wonder.
ReplyDeleteTo get outdoors and breathe the fresh air is such a gift. I have hope that you will get back to hiking soon!
ReplyDeleteThis photography is incredible! You're so talented!
ReplyDelete