On the same trip to Goodwill that I found the cane back chair, I also left with a bounty of office decor. One of the finds was this globe. We have been collecting different maps and types of travel momentos for our future gallery wall in the office / studio that we will have upstairs in the new place, and this globe will just be the perfect little extension of the travelesque vibe. A few other goodies from that trip to Goodwill were a pair of embossed gold sail boat prints and an oval mirror framed in a grey marble that was a steal. Gosh you guys, thrifting is just the best. the. best.
In the spirit of thrifting, reused, and vintage, here is a post that I really enjoyed by Jenny over at Little Green Notebook: Vintage Furniture Shopping Tips and Tricks. Jenny sums it up perfectly, and its just so true that frequency is key to finding diamonds in the rough!

I've been looking for a globe at Goodwill for months in Oregon. You're so lucky to have found one!
ReplyDeletehttp://agodfashionedlife.com
OH I LOVE the blue hues in that globe! :) awesome!
ReplyDelete