leather couch | American Furniture Warehouse curtains | Target
teal side table | thrifted white pottery | ikea stitched pillows | Pottery Barn
monogram plate | Anthropologie striped cushion cover | ikea
tufted chair | American Furniture Warehouse white dresser | second hand
wall paint color | Sherwin Williams Agreeable Grey
We had been eyeing a navy couch at American Furtniture Warehouse for months. Labor day was finally here, and the sale validated us taking the plunge to purchase a sofa. But then, right when we walked in that Warehouse's doors - bam! We saw this couch. The lines, the color, the nod to vintage. All thoughts of the navy couch vanished. We needed a bit of an anchor in this room, especially one that was masculine and classic. We have visions of this room eventually being more of a library feel, with floor to ceiling bookcases on the far wall, maps and botanical prints framed in a gallery collection, and a hint of mid-century modern meets Wes Anderson meets crisp white simplicity. It is hard to describe just yet (and I know that decryption really does contradict itself) but I tell you, the vision is there -- I can see it. In the meantime, this couch is doing a wonderful job pulling things together. The walls are bare (yet painted!), fixtures still need to be changed out (that chandelier, yikes!), yet I don't care if that takes a year because we have a place to lounger when the morning and afternoon light are just right, and the sun creates dancing sparkles in the air, making you never want to leave. We have a place to sit with friends, Pale Ale's in hand, after a rousing game of Settlers of Catan and a belly filling supper. Plus, this couch feels like autumn to me. I'll choose a leather couch over pumpkin spice lattes to help transition our little home from summer to fall, any day.









Yes I can envision it. It is the perfect anchor for the room and it blends very well with Shelby.....a perfect fit. Enjoy!!! xoxo MOM
ReplyDeleteSoon you will be ready for the vintage Wurlitzer, that live many years at Disneyland in the Wurlitzer Display.
ReplyDelete