9/4/14

WEAR | Candied Ginger, Braids, & the Slouchy Sweater

Theca Cardigan | Anthropologie    Polkadot Blouse | Anthropologie (old)    
Wooden Bib Necklace | DIY    Pilcro Hyphen Chinos (in candied ginger) | Anthropologie (on sale!)    
Braided Locks | Darling Magazine DIY
The reality of my look is that my alarm clock went off at 4:30 a.m., yet I continued to sleep through it until waking up when I usually am out the door. So in day old braids and an outfit that I thankfully laid out the night before (because who can honestly pick clothing out of a pitch black closet without waking up their husband who sleeps one foot away from the closet door?), I hurried to work, and now nine hours later I sit in my backyard, hold the camera out for some down to earth in the moment style. You can use your imagination a little with this head to toe look, because without a tripod, photographer, or a crafty set up, taking a photograph with my entire body in the frame all by myself? Yeah, I wasn't that clever.  Selfie's are hard. And I'm sure my neighbors were watching through our connected backyards scratching their heads. But I can tell you this sweater made by Moth is pretty much the best investment I've made in my summer to fall wardrobe. Hear that, neighbors? I love this sweater. Its perfect with pants, pencil skirts, AND dresses. Actually, Moth has some of my favorites right now. Like this cropped knit pullover with buttons down the back (which I literally did wear four days in a row right after I bought it…) So versatile. Cost per wear, cost per wear! ;)

(The items in my look are below, minus the top and the shoes which aren't available any longer - I added two tops and flats that would still make the same vibe.):


8 comments:

  1. Ida Hatfield9/04/2014

    You are a sparkle inside and out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look incredible! Always glad when you share your fashion with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm swooning over that sweater! And yes, gotta love selfie style posts (mine usually end up with me hiding in a bush when cars drive by!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lauren tien9/05/2014

    they just came out with the sweater in plum! i'm swooning over that one, and the only thing holding me back from getting it is that i already have one…haha. ps, can totally relate to the bush scenario!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lauren tien9/05/2014

    thank you allison, you're too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lauren tien9/05/2014

    that is so mince to say, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bela Fishbeyn12/11/2014

    Love this! What color is your Theca cardigan? Can't tell if it's grey or beige from the photos...

    ReplyDelete
  8. lauren tien12/13/2014

    It's beige! And it's on sale at anthropologie right now ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.