Blog Archive

8/17/12

For the Love of {Chair} Fabric and Curves.


There are two chairs that I am currently obsessed with. One being a Pinterest find, the other being a Goodwill find. Can you guess which is which? {Not that the huge 'Buy Me!' tag doesn't give it away} I have some alterations I need to make to the Goodwill find, including doing something with the legs that are black and somewhat of an eye sore. But OH. MY. GOODNESS. The seat shape is just to die for. It is real wood. The print is ever so vintage. And the black painted detail is just the cherry on top. The details of the Pinterest find are equally if not more appealing (that plaid, the leather piping, those curves!), but I would be too lucky of a girl if I owned both. Question posed by my husband, "Where are you going to put these chairs?" First, did I mention the Goodwill find came with a twin! Yes, great things do come in twos. Second, in response to his question, "Who knows yet, but I will make it work!" Wouldn't you for two beauties like that for $12 each? Any thoughts on what year the Goodwill find may be from, or ideas for leg transformation? Happy Friday! 

It's Named "Chair No. One Eighty" in Plaid, HERE

2 comments:

  1. I think the good will chair is from the 60's I remember plastic molded chairs with a similar shape during that time period. I can't wait to see what you end up doing to this chair....I know you will find a special place for them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seat is somewhat plastic like, so I bet you are right! Thank you for your knowledge in design history :)

      Delete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.