Blog Archive

8/30/12

Thoughts for Thursday: Leopard Print.

This weekend, these shoes found me. I had fallen for a similar pair back in March when reading this post by Jenny at The Little Green Notebook. Now, compliments of Target, there is a little bit of leopard print in my life. And now for a bit of color {print} translation:
photo source
I just love this rug! I think that leopard print can really bring some interest to an otherwise neutral palette. The clover shape of that chair back is darling also. I am craving a scoop of vanilla icecream in a cone after looking at this one.
photo source
And what about this print for fall? This dress would be lovely with tights (black or navy) and boots. And I also love the messy twist the girl in this photo has done with her hair. We should ask the ladies at Le Coeur De La Vie what they think.
photo source
The mix of leopard on the staircase combined with the red plaid rug in the hallway, large artwork, orange upholstered chair, and classic decor items like the vase creates a very modern yet traditional mix.
photo source
Not only do I love the end of the bed bench (and how wide it is!), the print, books, and frames on the wall make me so curious about the couple who lives here! And I must ask this simple question, what are your thoughts on leopard print? 

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/30/2012

    Over here at Le Coeur De La Vie, Morgan is definitely the one who loves animal print in fashion, accessories, & home! She has also been eyeing a pair of leopard flats (that have been in her piperlime.com cart for the past few days) but has yet to purchase them... soon though!

    Morgan probably would wear animal print every day if it was acceptable, and definitely gives leopard print a two thumbs up. Just be sure to invest in quality pieces (or thrift them!) as the print can have a tendency to look cheap if it isn't done right.

    Check out this look I love http://www.fashionpainteddreams.com/2012/07/polarized.html.

    Morgan also LOVES LOVES LOVES animal print in the home & can't wait to incorporate it into her own home someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy the flats, Morgan! Thanks for the wonderful response, ladies!

      Delete
  2. I think you know how I feel about the subject...you've seen my closet. I like to add a touch...a belt, scarf, skirt, shoes and handbag....can always have leopard in my attire. GRRRRrrrrr!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are never afraid to bring animal print into play! Its great!

      Delete
  3. I am pro-"classy leopard." The rug that you featured is a perfect example. It has a hint of playfulness, but avoids the trashy undertones. I love your shoes. A hint of the fun print is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that, "Classy leopard". Let's coin that phrase, shall we?

      Delete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.