6/11/14

Taking Chances


Have you ever stopped to think, really think, about what you are doing right here, right now, in the moment? And if you've ever taken a moment to stop and think about what it is you are doing, do you find yourself filled with joy and intention, knowing that you are pursuing what you've been created to do - the very core of who you are feels awake and alive and fit for the doing of whatever job or dream you are pursuing? Or do you give a little gulp, and know that you've chosen practicality rather than what your bones are aching to do, make, create, and experience, not really pursuing what it is deep down you were made for?

I came across this video on Life Buzz that my cousin shared via social media. It's only a minute long, but what Jim Carey says in his speech to the graduates are words that I think are so important to hear.

If you have a minute this morning, you can watch it here.

I love his last words,"You can fail at what you don't want, so you might as well take a chance at doing what you love." For me, I'd rather fail at hula hooping than never experience it. I'd rather get knocked down one hundred times in pursuit of my dreams. I'd rather live a life not asking "what if?", but saying "I did it."

So, friends, why not take that chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.