3/19/13

Bikes, Waffles, & Van Gogh

Slip on your wooden shoes, grab your stroopwafles, and call up your Opa because I wrote another article for Darling Magazine--and this time, its all about Amsterdam! 

“Where the broad ocean leans against the land,” (Oliver Goldsmith) you’ll find a place stacked tall with narrow living, a maze of canals, and a bustling of residents dreamily riding bicycles with high handlebars. Some still call it Holland. But the names printed on maps know it as The Netherlands—and this city, Amsterdam. To visit this city below the sea is to experience a culture rich in architecture, art, and history. With 17th century neighborhoods, to markings of Van Gogh’s starry night, to memoirs of Anne Frank, to a city brimming with bikes and delicious waffles, to outskirts so green with mighty windmills and Dutch traditions, Amsterdam is yet another place to mark on your map of adventures.

You can read the article Bikes, Waffles, and Van Gogh at Darling Magazine Online where its posted in full--over hereWant to read more of what I've been contributing over at Darling? You can catch up by scrolling through posts--over here And of course, no travel post would be complete without a few photographs to delight your adventuring tastebuds, am I right? 



We traveled to Amsterdam two summers past with Matt's side of the family. They are 100% Dutch, so we were in "the homeland." I like to think I can pretend to be part Dutch, especially on trips like this.
 I love this city!
Hmm, where to next?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.