3/22/13

Folksy Friday

Matt teases me about my music taste. There is a common thread that includes banjos, foot stomping, and dreamy feminine vocals. The other piece is that the music makes you want to be in a different era. An era that is now but seems like it happened before. A new type of folk. He can tease me all day though, because that common thread is AWESOME. Case and point: I've been waiting for this day to come--March 22nd--because it means that He's My Brother, She's My Sister is playing in Denver. This band I have loved since hearing about them, through my mom actually, who couldn't stop talking about the drummer Lauren who tap dances on the bass drum. She played me their album in her house and we couldn't help but dance all over. With hometown roots similar to mine, seeing this California band tonight will be like bringing a bit of home to Denver.  I bought tickets for their show and started listening to the other bands they are playing with tonight. Oh my goodness, you guys, I cannot believe I have not heard of Paper Bird before! They are a Colorado band that has been playing alongside The Lumineers and other bands from the underground scene here in the Rockies. Check out the banjos, foot stomping, and lovely vocals for yourself, and happy Friday!

Paper Bird | As I Am

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.