Blog Archive

5/24/13

Little Hot Pink Seahorses

How fun it is to mix pattern and print, and how easy it is to pair bright colors when the sun is beaming. Lately, that is everyday--especially so while I've been in California this past week. I have always been drawn to prints on sweaters and button ups, whether its polkadots or a horse pattern, so while in Target with my friend Kara, I couldn't resist this summery button up with its (hot pink!) seahorses. 


disclaimer: don't mind my messy pulled up pool hair, its been a swimming-full vacation :)
I styled the shirt by simply knotting it right above my high waisted shorts. I plan to wear it at the beach in Mexico (in a few weeks!) over a swimsuit, when needing a bit of coverage, along with a few of my other favorite sun protection styles. The light weight cotton makes the top breathable, so wearing its long sleeves will be bearable on a hot summer day. And the great thing is that button ups are so versatile! Paired with chambray, tucked into a skirt, worn loose over jeans, and even knotted with a simple maxi (like this one here) would be darling.

Button up aside and versatility aside, I cannot get enough of seahorses! Good thing, because they seem to be everywhere in design (ahem, Anthropologie). And there are so many prints with sea creatures that I want to purchase for a nursery (One day!) You can shop the look below and see what I mean about the seahorse craze!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.