Blog Archive

6/18/12

Mini art collection additions.

Today it is going to be a scorcher. One hundred degrees! My cousin and I are planning on going over to the Cherry Creek Beach to lay out and wade in the water and possibly run through the sprinklers if we still need some cooling off. This California girl is used to having a pool or the ocean close by, but lucky for me there are still ways to sport my swimsuit and escape the heat in this mile high city.

vogue
Before I get my day started, I wanted to show you what the other $1.50 got me at Goodwill the other day in addition to the dainty gold trimmed cup. Once the second bedroom is clear of garage items, I will start my long anticipated list of projects and design for that room. One of which is a gallery of fun thrift & antique store prints, paintings, and sketches. These two little framed works of art will be a part of that collection. The navy frame with the flower print is from the 1950s and the windmill sketch may be more recent, but it has that old feel, which I love. 


One more thing. This blog has been viewed over 2,000 times and it has not even been a month  (21 days, but who is counting?) since I started Pearls Poppies Pinkies Up! Thank you for reading and following along. I so appreciate all of the blog loving and your support as readers. Here's to another month of old meets new, bargain hunting, projects, and ways to bring affordable lovely into your home. I feel like I am just getting started.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun....looking forward to the new room design ideas. A beach in Denver?????

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.