3/5/13

{Darling Magazine} Thou Art in Rome!

As I continue to take a step back from writing and DIYing everyday here at pearls poppies pinkies up, you can still find me writing over at Darling Magazine. Lately, I have been contributing pieces for The Explorer, relating to travel and adventure. I have been so blessed to be able to experience a few cities very different from my own--and am so thankful to get to write about them! The latest on Rome was posted yesterday at Darling Magazine online. You can read the article in full over here. 

 "Rome brought life to my taste buds, showed me how to dine for hours, and proved that gelato really is a food group. Rome opened my eyes to a beauty I had never seen, made from dirt, fire, and dust. This entrancing city was my first travel romance and my first true love in Europe. And even after weeks of prepping for this trip, brushing up on history, studying the hand of Michelangelo, marking my map with must see Piazzas and cafes before arriving, nothing could have prepared me for Rome..."



Want to read more of what I've been writing over at Darling? You can catch up here.

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful! I love the way you write!
    I have shared it with my friend and my family.
    I went to Italy for the first time when I was 13 for 2 months on a missions trip. I has been my mothers dream to go her whole life. After saving up for 5 years my grandmother, mother, and sisters are going next month. I am so excited for the adventure.

    are their any books you would recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous! I am so glad you enjoyed the article! Rome is seriously a dream. I would start digging through travel books and definitely buy your Vatican and Colosseum tickets ahead of time. Well worth it. We did that and it was the best feeling to walk right past the line and not have to wait to get in. Time is precious when traveling, you know? Just explore your heart our--and bring good walking attire--you'll walk close to 15 miles a day if you do everything on foot!

      Delete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.