Blog Archive

7/8/12

The modern day woman's Mary Poppins bag.

I have to tell you why I am obsessed with this bag. It is the modern Mary Poppins catch all. Truly. Tomorrow I am babysitting for a friend of my cousin. It is a last minute "my babysitter is out of town can you help?!" type of day that I am prepping for.  And just as anyone who works with young children, or is a parent, knows: having extra things to do are always a game changer in the world of little ones. So, I am bringing a bag of tricks just in case I need to whip some activities up in a split second. You may not know this about me, but I have my B.S. in Child Development and was {am} an Early childhood Teacher {on a transitional break at the moment} ...in other words, I've got the goods. And the goods are a plenty. And thankfully, this bag is my saving grace, fitting everything I need inside, and still looking ever so cute while doing so.  
The bag is called the Weekender. It is a MidiQueen handbag, from Ventura, California. And it was my free hostess bag that I got for having a MidiQueen party with my mom! I just love it (especially because the designer Kristina is a DIY gooroo of sorts, with great business sense and a wonderful collection of handmade bags that I just discovered this past year. Who else finds lost stock fabric and vintage tapestry and makes seriously functional one of a kind bags? Kristina does. Love!)
Do you have a go to tote that you could literally pack everything but the kitchen sink in?

{For you Denver dwellers: MidiQueen Handbags Denver}

2 comments:

  1. Wow...you have all kinds of tricks in your MidQueen handbag. I also have the Weekender tote and I just love how much it holds and how beautiful it is at the same time. I also have a Kelsie bag and will put that inside if I am running around ....then I just grab it and run into the store! The child your are going to care for is very lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.