10/30/13

An Afternoon Perspective.


Without even knowing if the season will bring rain or drought, the farmer plants his crop. I long to be like the farmer, don't you? To have enduring faith, and yet to even know if drought comes, harvest may still come elsewhere or next year. So what about you. If you knew that tomorrow would go to pieces, would you still plant your "apple tree"?

4 comments:

  1. Hillary Warlick10/31/2013

    What a wise man. I love that quote. Focusing on the life and beauty of the now is a practice that often gets overlooked for the busy person. One of my dad's favorite quotes is "I take one day at a time." Sometimes I feel like I have to break it down further and take one hour at a time, so as not to miss the simple, beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ida Hatfield10/31/2013

    Your Grandpa Joe had that kind of faith as did his parents and parents before him, Grandma's too. You come from a line of farmers and vintners so it is in your blood to have faith and keep planting the seeds of hope. We keep on keeping on....

    ReplyDelete
  3. lauren tien11/09/2013

    I couldn't agree more :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.