It's funny how the questions that hold no real pull in my life become the biggest drama ever the day before a trip. Like, "Do I pack ankle booties and regular boots to have more style variation...do I only go with the tall ones…and do I cram in date night shoes in case we go somewhere fancy?!?" Or, "Which shampoo will keep my hair longer nicer and do I bring one lipstick color or two?" I seriously loathe packing, because I really dislike my ability to filter these questions that seem to take over. And the day before a trip, I seem to have a three hundred more items on my list of things that must get done than any other day. I'm really not a procrastinator, but this happens every single time we travel. I must think that time slows, or go into the day over ambitious. How I need to learn to just be still, and be so thankful that I have the time to take to see the other ends of the country, and use that to ward of the crazy that goes on in my mind! But now here I am, knee deep in a pile of packing woes (but at least I've climbed my mountain of all other to do's…). Seriously, someone send me some advice on how to get over that day-before-traveling anxiety and tell me what exactly to pack and how to pack it. Or even better, come over and help me. I'd love that.
We leave for New York City bright and early tomorrow morning! The first few days of our trip will be filled with exploring. Then the second half, Matt has work that will peel him away during the day, which leaves me to adventuring on my own, and most likely finding a coffee shop to tell you about our travels. Did you know that I've never been to New York? Let alone the East Coast? I know, mind baffling. So in the spirit of being present, it might be a bit quite around here You can find me on Instagram (@lauren_tien) to see how New York is treating us, and how I am loving being in the big apple for the first time. And if you have any recommendations on things we must do, leave a comment, we have so much free time that we haven't planned out!

I hope you enjoy your trip to the east coast! I was born and bred here, just a wee bit further south.
ReplyDelete"Bittersweet" is a good, good book. I love Shauna's writing style. I hope you enjoy!
Just finished "Bittersweet" hope you love it as much as I did! Als
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait to get reading! I actually started reading another book while in NY so I haven't cracked it open yet. This week, though, I will :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Audrey! New York was more than I could have anticipated. What a different pace of living. I seriously loved it.
ReplyDelete