1/14/14

Thoughts on Business Cards

This year has really put business cards on my mind. Not only have I really grown as a blogger, but Colorado has proved to provide so many creative events where afterwards I wish I would have had some little piece of my contact info to hand out. Yes, just swapping Instagram names is fun, but as a professional endeavor, sometimes a girl wants to represent herself a little more elegantly, you know what I mean? 

In a separate sense, however, finding a way to represent myself on a little piece of paper feels a little daunting. Especially in the blogging world, surrounded by so many talented individuals, it can be super easy to fall into the trap of comparing, even comparing business cards! It seems so funny to write, comparing little bits of paper donned with a name, a number, and an email address--but it is true!

So yes, business cards have been on my mind for about a year. But I haven't jumped on them. 



Now enter Printstagram. When I ordered my prints for our Christmas cards this year, I spent some time browsing their other products. I've pretty much decided I need to order squares of my photographs, and perhaps make a flip book, but also I really love the simplicity of their contact cards. Little square cards to represent yourself, with beautiful photographs from everyday life. Not quite the traditional business card (which is why I think they're pretty rad). And I love even more how the people at Social Print Studio entice you to make your own: 
"Create unique Contact Cards using any of your Instagram photos. Add text to our templates or upload your own image for the back. Whether business cards, save-the-dates, or just reppin' your kickin' self, you'll want to spread these cards like wildfire!" 
Neat, right? Besides, how great is the thought of choosing the most beautiful of my Instagram snapshots for the back of the contact cards. Mix and match, taking away the impossible task of settling on one image to represent myself with. Done.

I am thinking simple, you know: my name, blog, and email--and perhaps my Instagram username too. What do you think of making contact cards for yourself? Like Social Print Studio remarks, you don't even have to have a business, you can just represent your kickin' self. ;)

All Photos are from Prinstagram. 
And this is not a sponsored post. I just love this company.

1 comment:

  1. Miami Printing1/21/2014

    The square business cards look very good, I think they are very unique because they have a different size compared to the standard rectangle business cards.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.