Blog Archive

6/26/12

Lovely locks

 Some of you may have seen this image floating around on pinterest. The waterfall braid. It just sings "let's frolic in a field of wildflowers." I decided to try it. And after a lot of "likes" on Facebook, I figured some of you may want the original tutorial source so you can do this lovely number to your locks!
Photo source and tutorial here
My hair is a lot shorter than the girl in the first photograph, so when it can time to make the remaining hair into a cascading braid down the side, I was stuck with not much hair to work with. I ended up securely pinning the the hair in place and letting the ends fall in line with the rest of my non braided hair. It also helped having a bit of wave and somewhat dirty locks to keep this style in place. On hotter days, you can do this style and twist the flowing hair into a nape of the neck bun. This is perfect for triple digit weather and a great option when you feel like you're in a pony tail rut. I braided my bangs back into the waterfall braid, but you can also leave them out (as I believe Megan did here, in her tutorial).
Natalie of Thoughts by Natalie and director of marketing at Wonderfully Made, has a series called Braids of Glory. My posts on braids will be few and far between (this may actually be the only one), but you should definitely follow Natalie for some down to earth hair tutorials as well as her thoughts on confidence, body image, intentional living, femininity, style, and more. 

3 comments:

  1. Amy @ 20minutemom6/26/2012

    I love it twisted into a bun!! Definitely will try one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look. And with the hot weather....a nice change from a pony tail...looks cute too!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.