I love scarves yet I hardly ever wear them anywhere other than around my neck. This sheer camel colored vintage scarf I found in my grandma's dresser. The rose print reminds me of her love for flowers and the hours spent playing dress up at her house. I am a devout user of scarves in the winter, but why my neglect in the summer? I've decided that a delicate scarf is so pretty for summer, especially as a head wrap or headband. And, it can even be worn as a more BoHo hair accessory. The 1950s knew that a scarf was versatile and darling. Let's bring that back, shall we?
There are some absurdly pretty scarves on sale at Anthropologie right now. I am sure you can find a beauty at a flea market of thrift store for a great steal. But here are some for your viewing pleasure. All three color palettes are great for summertime (or even a pop of color and reminder of sunny days in the cold of winter).
![]() |
| Summer Fairisle Scarf |
![]() |
| Otero Scarf |
![]() |
| Whirling Spin Scarf Can you imagine how bright and cheery this one would be as a head wrap adorned with beachy locks? |
Scarves definitely fall in the category of DIY. You can use them in your house as a tablecloth, to refurbish a pillow, add print and color, or even to wrap a gift. What is your go to scarf style and scarf DIY?







I love scarves and pareos.....many collected on my travels. It's nice to see them year round. I too love to use them as table runners and a splash on color thrown over a couch or chair in my living room. You look beautiful with the scarf in the Boho look....Thanks for sharing! I will have to go through my scarf drawers and organize them....summer and winter.
ReplyDelete