Our big project today was to organize the garage. As we unfolded everything that was to be put away in the rafters, up on shelves, and across the work table, I found some of my old boxes that I deemed too beautifully rustic to be kept out of sight. It may be my recent viewing of Moonrise Kingdom that made these adventurous boxes stand out (they could easily have been used as props in Wes Anderson's latest film).
Old metal tool/gardening box.
Rain or shine boxy picnic basket.
Painter's box.
Wine box (filled with momentos).
With red and teal mixed amongst neutrals, these boxes are now part of some bookshelf decor. They add visual interest, filling the space throughout, yet they also store practical items like my gardening tools, oil paints, and picnic supplies. I love that when I look at this shelf I am filled with a sense of adventure (doesn't it truly seem like a khaki scout and a daring girl live here?).
![]() |
| Noteworthy from top to bottom: Old tool box: my grandma's old gardening kit Wine box: Thrifted Picnic basket: Gifted Vintage-like print: Denver Goodwill Phrenology head: White elephant gift Drift wood: Idaho springs trails, CO Red cashbox (with ever so important lock): Matt's childhood Painter's box: from my grandpa Folded up quilt: Handmade by my grandmother Misc. baskets: Ikea, Home Goods, and JoAnne's |






Love it! Remember how I had that Phrenology head for a year? Your dad put it in the dice game and I won it. You, however, clearly had wanted it so I brought it back the following year. So fun. I miss large family gatherings. It has been too long.
ReplyDeleteOf course I remember. Silly dad bringing that head that I had wanted for oh so long, and would always play with in his office, to put in the dice game- you cannot do that to a daughter! haha. At least you were so sweet to get it back in the game. Maybe someday it will show up wrapped again. You are right, we do need another family gathering it has been more than 2 years now.
DeleteNice...looks appealing to the eye and functional. I recognize some of the items...the picnic basket. Hope you get to take it up in the mountains and have a picnic...soon!☀
ReplyDeleteI hope to picnic very soon!
Delete