Blog Archive

7/5/12

Thrift store digging for denim, classic, and clean.

photo source 1 / 2 / 3
You may have read past posts on thrifted clothing finds and thought to yourself, "That is cute, but I am more of a classic jeans and blouse girl. And I never could find my simple clean style at a store like Goodwill...." And you may have just gone about your life never stepping foot into a thrift store or flea market with fashion on the mind. I hope this post causes a change of heart. As much as I love unique vintage type pieces in my wardrobe, I am also one for the classics (especially for work).  Yes you do need patience and yes you do see a lot more ugly than pretty, but I promise you, if you have the right thrifting mindset and an idea of the look you want (Pinterest can always help with this) you will find some classic threads for an unbeatable price. With the right styling and accessorizing, simple pieces can be worn many a ways, making it an even bigger bang for your buck.


My simple finds, all in one trip, all at one Goodwill:
Kenar white cotton blouse $3.99
Banana Republic striped button up $2.99
Guess button fly boot cut jeans $6.99 
New York & Co. little denim vest $1.99
Sanctuary tan capri pants $1.99
Ann Taylor cotton cargo pants $3.99 (tag still on!)


{Not pictured but linked up are the last two pants listed as well as the plethora of banana republic blouses I tried on but ended up not taking home.}


See, you can find good brand names too, if that's your fancy! 
Are you weary of the thriftstore dig, or do you get giddy at the thought?


Are you on the other side of the wardrobe fence, and needing to purge and donate to Goodwill? For some guidance on wardrobe simplification, read this post at Thoughts by Natalie.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to try your advice....looks like some good finds....if I can muster up the patience. I will take my friend Marla she is a thrift shopping expert...she recently discovered a designer fashion treasure at the Salvation Army....a TADASHI....the same brand that my mother~of~the~bride dress was for my daughter's wedding. Did I find mine at a thrift shop....well you probably guess....I bought mine at Nordstrom.....and paid the price too!!!! Her dress is absolutely gorgeous and she just may wear it for her soon to be mother~of~the~groom dress....and no one will ever know or guess where she bought it or what a steal it was!!!!! It is absolutely stunning as all TADASHI dresses/gowns are. Thank you for encouraging me to "thrift"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what makes thrifting even better, is often part of what you pay goes towards bettering the lives of people in your community. Affordable and giving back, the best way to be ;)

      Delete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.