Blog Archive

5/11/13

{From the Archives} DIY Baubles

Last summer I found these amazing geometric wooden napkin rings at Goodwill (read: $1.50).  Obsessed with the look of color blocking at the time (and possibly still), I wanted to pull off a similar vibe in the form of a chunky necklace. A container of sample paint and a few steps later (you can read about the how-to here), and voila! How pleased I was (and am) with the resulting statement bauble necklace! 




Currently wearing this look--mixing cobalt blue baubles, thrifted denim, and a heathered grey maxi ( a dress I seem to be living in lately ). One other way I have styled the same heathered grey maxi, is with a brimmed hat. I literally roll out of bed, and after a few swapping of clothing items, am ready to face the day in this outfit! Also, how easy does Jessica Quirk make this maxi work on What I Wore? Maxis are the best.


Do you have any DIY accessories? What fabric and threads are you living in this Spring?

2 comments:

  1. I love that maxi and hat on you. The necklace just pops and looks smashing!!! Extra special because you made it. So creative.....thank you again for sharing your talents!!! MOM

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.