Of course when I come to California, and have my mom and two best friends around, its inevitable we stop in at a few of our favorite stores. I had yet to find the perfect lace pieces for Spring, that exude femininity, so I was delighted when I found some quality pieces on the sale racks at Anthropologie and Aerie. From Aerie, a linen and lace combo beach cover up, and from Anthro a bright cobalt lace skirt.
The cover up could be stunning with jeans and a braided brown leather belt at the waist. But I'm planning on living in it come June in Mexico over my swimsuit. The cobalt skirt was a steal, and still is on sale at Anthropologie (over here). I feel the photo does not do it justice--a bit longer in the back and super feminine as is even has a great little flare when you twirl in it :)
I loved the blue skirt Kendi from Kendi Everyday styled, and when I found this longer yet still fitted version at Anthropologie, you can imagine my excitement at getting a similar look for less. I love how Kendi dressed it casual with a soft vintage tee. I imagine a soft v-neck tucked in with a higher waist and belt in my version of the look.
I have not only been loving lace on the fashion front, but also as a soft feminine and country touch in home design. Add in scalloped edges, and its over.
Lace DIYs are so clever these days. Like this upcycled lace lamp with Ikea planters and a vintage inspired lace table top from ABM. If only I had a house with ten rooms for space to do and display all these creative furniture DIYs.
Goodness, lace coverups are just my favorite right now for pool and beach side! And how fabulously retro this one is, with its bold daisy lace. (Two more favorites here and here).
Lace inspired design can go in so many directions. I love how one look is more modern and regal while another is simple and country. My grandma has given me so many doilies, and I think I may need to make that globe lamp (did your heart skip a beat?!) or use them on an end table. Stored away in a drawer is not the life for doilies and lace--its just too pretty!
Photo Credits
// Girls in Lace via HandCraftedVirginia
// Vintage Lace Curtain & Oar via A Beach Cottage
// Upcycled Lace Lamp via Etsy
// A Beautiful Mess Lace Patterned Coffee Table DIY
// Headboard with Lace-like-Cut-Outs via Apartment Therapy
// Blue Lace Skirt via Kendi Everyday (similar here and on sale!)
// LONny Country Lace Inspiration
// Doily Globe Lamp via EmmmyLizzzy












No comments:
Post a Comment
I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.