Blog Archive

6/8/12

Goodwill {Denver} finds: Polkasquares, books, and snakeskin orange.

Yesterday was a crazy day. Our dog Shelby, who is the sweetest rescue dog I could have ever asked for and the best companion, jumped out my car window and was hit by a car. I know, this seems really scary, but she is doing okay. God was totally watching over us. Anyways, with her in ICU last night and today, I had to get out of the house because it was too still and quiet at home without her. I found myself at the Denver Goodwill because (one) I needed a little retail therapy and (two) only wanted that therapy to max out at ten dollars, given the up and coming vet bills as well as just wanting browse old things (sometimes there is comfort in that for me).

This is from the Goodwill Denver site (since I'm a local now). Although, there are Goodwill stores nationwide. If you don't know that much about Goodwill stores, here is a little more about them, from Denver to you:

We are Goodwill Denver – we translate the good in the local community to programs and resources that change lives. While you might know us through our Denver thrift stores, we're more than just a place for great deals – we have programs that improve our community and inspire hope, one person at a time. Goodwill’s retail division is comprised of a network of 22 retail stores, 3 outlet worlds and 16 donation centers throughout metro Denver and northern Colorado. Profits from these retail stores, as well as donor contributions, fund Goodwill’s highly successful programs in workforce development. We help people find the tools to success at work and in life.
You can read more about Goodwill Denver here.


These are the fun things I walked away with, all for $10. 
 
My heart swoons for navy with red. 
Both in outfits and in home design. 
Huaraches: From my San Miguel de Allende travels (with genuine tire rubber soles). Button up navy polka-square shirt: $4. Orange belt: $2. Red skinny jeans: Marshalls. Oh happy me.



A little bit old and grimy, but the spine of the books are what caught my eye. Such pretty colors. Two for $2 each.


If you live in the Denver area, this Sunday EVERYTHING is 50% in the store. What are some of your favorite thrifting finds? Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Oh you look adorable in your polka-dots....I love it!!!! I also love that clock that was Grandpa Hager's that he brought with him from Germany in the late 1800's....very special. Glad things are looking up!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polkadots are always in style :) Thanks for the compliment! Yes, that clock is so special to me. I wish I knew the exact make and date of it. Something to look into.

      Delete
  2. Great finds at the Goodwill. You always look so darn cute in a belt. Glad Shelby is doing better, she better behave herself, she has a good family to love her. She's a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are funny Nancy. Thanks for the belt loving. If I didn't wear one with that shirt, I would look like I am in my pajamas. Shelby is alive and thank goodness for that! Thanks for all your well wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finds made for one darling outfit! I love too many things I find! haha It's so hard to leave things behind when the prices are so wonderful!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Caked Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that same problem. I have to make a hard limit before I get there as to how much money I can spend at max. Thanks for finding my blog! Yours is super cute, congrats on all your success. You have great style.

      xo,
      Lauren

      Delete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.