Blog Archive

7/23/12

The quiet of a morning.


This morning I have been organizing for the week ahead, brainstorming upcoming PPP posts, and multitasking home to-do's after a weekend in Kansas. It has been a nice relaxing morning, quite opposite the full week past and full week ahead. Taking time to enjoy the morning and sit in quiet between chores and writing gives me time to let ideas flow yet also reflect on the state of my heart. I know it has been widely broadcast, but I just wanted to extend my thoughts and prayers to the families in Aurora. Aurora is just minutes away from our home in North East Denver, with the tragedy affecting neighbors in our own community. This morning it is difficult to just hop on and write about projects and thrifty home design because my still heart weighs heavy for this city and those people who I do not know, yet feel connected to because of our common hometown. One thought has been on how to give back and encourage---if any of you bloggers/readers are also thinking about this/have ideas, do share!

On a lighter note, I hope you are enjoying your Monday, and know that I am thankful for you!

1 comment:

  1. We are thankful for you and our hearts in CA are with you all in CO! Praying for the people of Aurora. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.