What C.S. Lewis says about reality couldn't be more true. But you know what caught my attention? Do you not agree that dreams can be odd, not as obvious, not at all what we expect, and a bit messy as well? I think to take it even further would be to say, that dreams and reality aren't that far from each other. And that we need to allow them to meet more than we do, allow ourselves to let them, because I think that's when the magic happens. That's when God shows up, or we see Him more--when we let go and allow the messy and complicated reality meet the odd dreams that are on our hearts--those dreams that we can't control. What would happen if those dreams, and reality, did intertwine? How would our world look different? Would the logical dream more? Would the dreamer see potential in the real?
I remember being a little girl with a wild imagination. And I actually believed that some of the dreams I had were true--that they really happened. I couldn't distinguish dream vs. reality. Because I didn't want to. This is the beauty of childhood. But then, I kind of stopped believing. I stopped believing that any of the odd, complicated dreams I had could be true. I grew up and I let a lot of the dreamer in me dwindle, not seeing that reality and dreams could still go hand in hand. That dreams create vision. That this world still needs dreamers, needs realists: this world needs them both.
So what if, just for a second, we allowed ourselves to imagine what a dream would look like in fruition: Is that dream really too way out there to be reality? Because if we believe it to be true--that reality and dreams are both odd, not very neat, and not what we expect--then why don't we risk to dream and allow them to show up in "the real" more often? Why don't we let the magic happen, let God show up, or see him more in both?

This may be an extremely intangible thought process this Saturday morning. Maybe a bit messy and odd as well. But it challenges me to think and take on perspective. (And thank you to my aunt Nancy for sharing Lewis' quote with me this week.) Happy Saturday!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.