Almost a month ago now, we ventured West. We packed up the car, stuffed Shelby in the backseat, intentionally planned out our music for the 17 hour drive ahead, and mapped out our camp site. Everyday, I plan to write about this trip. Everyday, I plan to get away and reflect on our adventure--finally putting the story in words. Yet, I can never get to it. I have yet to even upload all the photos from the scenic stops where we stood jaws dropped, astounded by our country's beauty--and with the week I've had, I could probably use a little reminder of creation and its majesty.
But life is a little bit jam packed right now.
And although I'd love it to be, blogging is not my full time job; and writing, editing, and doing both well are on pause for a moment. You see, I decided a while ago that it is better, for me as a writer, to wait for that time I can really get away and focus on whatever creative part of the process it is rather than rush and post something for the sake of having daily content. And my desire is that, as readers, you are okay with that. So, California, and the stories, the camping, the photographic journey--all of that is waiting patiently for the afternoon or moment that I can escape and put pen to paper, fingers to editing tools, and mind to blogging.
So perhaps this post is more than just a moment for me to look at the few photos I do have for our trip out West. Maybe really, I needed to let you know the decision I have made about writing less often, forgoing the pressure to have something daily, so as to really write well and edit even better when I do: embodying quality over quantity. Yes, I am a blogger. Yes I am a writer. But I am also a Leader in the field of Early Childhood Education. And right now I'm needing to give a little more of myself in my non-writing endeavors. I am needing to focus on the teachers, children, and families that I am so connected to each day. Writing needs to be a bit patient, I need to ease up the pressure, and just be honest with myself about the jam packed state that I've gotten to.
So, more quality. Less daily. More grace. Less stress. (I think that's today's lesson learned).
And now for the rest of those snapshots, because they were really the whole start of this post before I wandered off :)
1// Somewhere in Utah 2// Braids and deep valleys 3 // We're off, Matt : obviously stoked 4 //Wall surrounded roads 5// Window's light 5//Driving with the setting sun 6//In-N-Out, because Colorado has deprived us 7// Dog view





I love the photos...and thank you for taking care of you!!! xoxo Cute Shelby shot!!!
ReplyDeletemmmmm IN AND OUT burger...I had it for the first time when I was at Mosaic Church in LA for a wedding....we were decorating and someone ran to get it....delicious! want some again!
ReplyDeleteYes, isn't in-n-out simply wonderful to the tastebuds? They need to get to CO stat.
ReplyDeleteThank you! And for seeing the value in taking care of myself, thank you for that too :)
ReplyDelete