9/23/13

Floral Arrangements

The day before Morgan and Josh's wedding day, the flowers arrived. And so, a floral shop emerged in the confines of Jayne's kitchen. I've never played floral shop before, yet now if you were to ask me to trade in my job to be a florist, I may consider it. Seriously, I loved every second. Morgan's floral colors were orange and burgandy--how fitting for an end of summer-almost-fall wedding, right? Everything from the centerpieces to the bouquets were thoughtfully planned out by Morgan and then put together by the caring hands of her closest friends. I feel so blessed to have been a part in that floral shop of a kitchen. Pre-wedding festivities fall into the category of "favorite things in life." It's all about the process, no?
Even just looking at photographs of florals, with buds slightly open, green contrasts in the leaves, and delicate features, the world becomes instantly prettier. I've taken note of this: Purchase stems and cheery blooms and creatively piece together in those moments when needing to be reminded of the simple beauty that I never want to overlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.