Blog Archive

5/3/13

Minty Sea-foam Little Bathroom

I've been moving around a few pieces of art in the house to change things up a bit. I am so glad I moved the thrifted Van Gogh print, because the Irises' seem to fit perfectly in the void space above the storage shelf, pulling everything together in this teeny tiny bathroom of ours.



There is only one cabinet in this bathroom, below the sink (read: yikes). Once you fit a trash bin and a hairdryer down there, the storage space becomes pretty dreary. There is no linen closet to speak of, so storing much of anything is tricky. I've had to become very clever with storage in this home! (See HERE and HERE)  In this bathroom, glass jars and containers store my makeup and Matt keeps his essentials in a PB wicker basket on the bottom shelf. Towels are stored on a shelf above the door as well. We made this over the toilet unit last summer and it is a serious help for storage.


I wanted the bathroom to feel cheery :) The colors combined with the natural light help with that, more so with the Iris print and of course fresh cut blooms. I always love a bit of pink petals in spring and summer to add color pop. It might sound silly, but I think of California when I am in here. The framed photographs are from a beach camping trip and the blue and minty tones remind me of the sea (that and the generic tan walls looking very sandy--oh rental home, how I wish I could paint you...)


The Iris print also pulls in that peachy salmon color. It compliments the striped Ikea mirrors that are hanging on the opposite wall. See, it was meant to be in this space!


This little bathroom truly meets our getting ready needs, but I like that there are still design elements despite the spaces' need to meet functionality. There's practical living for ya ;)



2 comments:

  1. Spring is the perfect time to rearrange things. I love how a new place for a beloved piece can help you figure out how you want the rest of a space to look/feel! Love the sea foam color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! I think I have a design problem--I want to rearrange every few months!

      Delete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.