4/11/13

Black and White Curtains



Since we have moved furniture around a bit in the living room, I am noticing the patterned curtains that are over our front window A TON more than I used to. Now with the couch in front of and framed by the curtains, they are a new focal point.



When first getting curtains, I wanted to go for more delicate and white, but with Matt in the mix--let's be honest-- our house cannot be just filled with frills and delicate whites. We found these curtains at Target last summer, and I am so happy with our choice to go with pattern. I love the way the curtains can be closed over the windows, and if the blinds are pulled open enough, the light radiates through the white outlines in the pattern.


The only thing that is still missing now are knobs for the end of the curtain rods. Or maybe even a different curtain rod set up all together. I had seen a nautical vibe with rope as the rod, and then two large knots on the ends-- I like that idea (and I could learn a sailor's knot?!) I have also been thinking about Anthropologie drawer knobs and how a subtle green glass or brass knob may look pretty great. This look is at the top of my list:


 Oh, and remember these fun knobs from Anthro? They have the best sales on their hardware!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.