4/15/13

Two Thrifted Looks


I strike gold, adding up to an average $5, each time I stop in at the Goodwill down the street. Does anyone know it exists? Because I seem to be finding the best clothing items for my pennies--and this is always on a whim. I hardly ever drive there with fashion as a mission. Usually furniture and revamps are my focus. Lately, no such luck. But clothes, tons of luck. So I find myself casually looking through the racks when furniture is a miss. My latest finds, a down puffer vest, a boat neck striped tee, and a brown midi skirt (a velvet / cord hybrid fabric that makes it feel vintage). I love that you can find clothes from a different era, or items that can complete a modern look--thrift stores are the one retail store that can always meet the ever evolving you ( and for that, they are forever my favorite).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren,
    Great finds! Which Goodwill do you go to? I'm in the area, and have found a few thrift stores that occasionally have vintage. I haven't been here long, could use some pointers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Thanks! I go to the Goodwill in Stapleton. I really only go to that one and the one in Glendale off Leetsdale. I just moved to CO a year ago, so I am still finding my way around. Have you explored South Broadway? If you love vintage, that is the place to go. Buffalo Exchange is also off South Broadway. There is a really great little vintage furniture shop up in North Denver off 1-70 that is pretty great too!

      Delete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.