4/5/13

Wire Chairs


Everything about this table setting pulls me in. The reclaimed wood. The crisp white rectangle dinnerware. The subtle green succulents. But most of all, the wire chairs. When we went on a walk last weekend, I could not help but swoon over a backyard we passed by. Among the spring blooms, wire chairs and a vintage patio set brought a sense of invitation and vintage nostalgia to the yard. Although I do not have a yard of my own, I think a set would gladly be welcomed at a dining room table. I have been checking in with my pal Craiglist to see if any wire chairs pop up. Don't you just love the juxtaposition of a wire chair with soft pillows and a throw in a bedroom space even!? Last night, I discovered these on the interwebs, just a few miles away from my house and ready for purchase...



If only they were not $100 per chair ($350 for the set)! I would maybe do half that price. A bright coat of paint in maybe red, cobalt blue, sea foam--or even just white or black. AND it is a set of four! Would you go for it at that price? I also found a wire patio set on Craigslist. Also, way out of the price range at $400. It is vintage though, maybe that makes it worth the price to someone. If only I had a yard to house these beauties.


Wire chairs are all over design photographs lately. I really like how they don't weigh down a space. The texture of a wire grid is so great too. The pattern is almost like a nest. It adds interest that a wooden chair just does not have. AND I really am fond of the endless possibilities of colors! Even if I were to find a rust old wire chair set, it would be easy to de-rust and spray paint a fun color. Here's hoping I stumble upon some wire chairs at a yard or estate sale this summer!

photographs via inspired by this //  BHG  //  Guarav Nanda Chairs  //  OLSSON & JENSEN

2 comments:

  1. I've honestly never considered wire furniture, but I do like the 1st photo a lot. The contrast with the reclaimed wood table is perfect and quite appealing as spring begins. I also agree $300+ is pretty steep...happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that first photo a dream? I can't wait to have a patio one day and outdoor dining!

      Delete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.