I made a quick trip to Ikea yesterday to pick up a curtain rod. But you know I'd be kidding myself if I honestly went to Ikea thinking I'd leave with just one item. I could not pass up these $7 pillow covers. I have been wanting to change out the pillow in the front room, now that the couch is more of a focal point in the space and right front and center with our black and white curtains. After my last linen choices at Ikea being mostly floral and feminine in style for our second bedroom, I wanted a pillow that was a bit more masculine.
I love this black and white textile pillow cover from Ikea, but thought it would be a bit much with the black and white curtains. What I really like about the mustard, ivory, and charcoal pillow covers (technical Ikea name : BJĂ–RNLOKA RAND) is that they are plaid on the reverse side. Also, the burnt mustard feels a bit reminiscent of the 70's too, which I really like for the space. For $15, pillows are an affordable way to change things up a bit. Don't you just love that about textiles and fabrics?
The living room is very much a mix of flea market finds, thrifted pieces, and bits of Ikea. I am really enjoying not having a television to take up space and mind. We are enjoying "just being"out in the front room more than ever before (and Shelby too, I think!)--its wonderful!




No comments:
Post a Comment
I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.