9/14/13

Drawer Pull Tease

When I first decided to redo Matt's tall dresser, the snow came. The second time I bought the materials to strip and sand it, the rain arrived. And now with my third plans to get this dresser done, the 100 year storm turned Colorado upside down for a bit. So, I'm not sure exactly when this dresser will be done, but for now the pretty pulls I bought over a year ago are really just a tease until that diy day finally arrives. 

At least I know the stain stripper works well, I've gotten as far as testing it out on one drawer. Don't worry, I have no plans to make a drawer-less dresser a new thing. What I do have plans for is a modern military style look to the exterior of the piece, with the pulls being a bit reminiscent of that vibe (I'm thinking grey for the dresser). I also have plans for a fun strip of color in the form of hand painted stripes or an ikat pattern on the interior of the drawers. What do you think about that combo? 

3 comments:

  1. Aubrey Hubbell9/16/2013

    This is going to be gorgeous! Can't wait until the weather lets you get this project started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lauren tien9/19/2013

    I can't wait for the weather and my schedule to allow me to get it started and completed too! Any thoughts on color?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubrey Hubbell9/20/2013

    I love your idea of a gray. Gray is classic, clean and minimal. I love it! Whatever you do will be beautiful.

    Here are two shades of gray dressers that caught my eye! One light, one dark.

    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/225039312602696247/

    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/282812051569916474/

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.