You may have seen stamped all over your favorite blogs that Google Reader is going away this Monday. So let's have this be an official au revoir to the reader that has kept us in the loop with our must-reads. I have opted to stick with Bloglovin' to organize my own blog lists, and I'd love for you to follow me over there! Follow me on Bloglovin' here >>
--end housekeeping. onto summer dreaming.--
One of my all time favorite memories in our first year here in Denver, is from a Saturday last summer when we went tubing down the Boulder Creek river with our neighbors. Matt ran to Wal Mart the morning of this impromptu tubing adventure, to find only one tube left of the shelves. He bought a tube for me, and a little inflatable boat for himself (see here). This is where things started to get pretty funny. As you can probably imagine, a 6 foot 3 man in a child size boat floating down a rocky creek was a sight to behold. That, and my friend Lauren braved the rapids with her dog in tow, the little cattle dog pup sitting on her lap the entire way down the creek.
Water sports and July 4th officially mark the arrival of summer. I still cannot believe that last year June was our first official weekend in Colorado. I picked up a copy of 5280 (The Denver Magazine), with Fourteeners! Our Step By Step Guide to Colorado's Most Iconic Mountains as the headline. We have been talking ALL year long that we cannot wait to hike a few fourteeners this summer.
And camping! And roadtrips! I am getting so excited just thinking of the bucket list at hand, and the half-cross country drive we'll be taking to California in September for Morgan and Josh's wedding (we're going to camp along the way!) Remember our last road trip on my old blog? Seems like ages ago.
This weekend is summer filled. We are tubing tomorrow at Deckers on the South Platte River. When you live in Colorado, and are asked, "Hey, want to go tubing?" The answer is ALWAYS yes. Fingers crossed we can find a tube to replace Matt's blow up dingy :) Saturday night we have reservations at a restaurant I've been wanting to enjoy a summer patio meal at ever since I heard about it. We are meeting friends and it should be such a perfect warm evening for a night out. Denver friends, ever been to Linger?
Has summer taken over your workday nights and weekends yet? Happy Friday!
tubing photo via Pinterest
tubing photo via Pinterest

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.