For some people it is shoes. For other purses. For me, I tend to swoon over and collect too many chairs. You might remember my last chair crush, wire chairs, and my amazing Craigslist find that soon turned into a chair revamp. And one time I found these bad jacksons at Goodwill. And in Breckenridge I couldn't help but want to take this yellow peely rusty chair home too. We have a thing, me and chairs. And this thing, I couldn't even shake it while in Mexico. I met the acapulco chair in person, at the flea market in Puerto Vallarta. And then, after seeing it in Puerto, I of course noticed these chairs all over Sayulita- on porches, patios, and rocking next to swaying hammocks. You guys, I think we found the ultimate chair for summer.

And I know this thing I have, with chairs, is not everyone's thing. Your thing may be pillows, or coffee cups, or garden gnomes, or vintage cameras--way easier things to collect. My thing, this "chairs thing" has a limit, so no acapulco chair for me. But, that does not stop me from looking at Pinterest.

"Originally designed in Mexico in the 1950s, the chair was inspired by ancient Mayan weaving techniques. When the city became a fashionable tropical destination for the Hollywood jetset in the 1960s, the chairs became an instant favorite!" - Spicer & Bank blog
And today, while sorting through my pile of mail, I thumbed through the CB2 catalogue, and what do I find? Lo and behold -- the acapulco chair. (Side note, how clever are magazines at making you want to go on adventures, ahem, Patagonia).
Chair Photographs via Pinterest



No comments:
Post a Comment
I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.