I want to mix things up a bit in our kitchen. A very subtle change, but a change none-the-less: in the form of our coffee cup display. We have a great collection of mugs that would be much more appreciated on open shelving or wall hooks. Below are a few of my favorite coffee mug stylings in kitchens from around the interwebs.
(Oh, and this very first design with the white tile and natural wood shelves and the bright cheery light...want!).
I've been pinning some of my favorite kitchen designs on
Pinterest lately. What is it about bright kitchens with vintage yet modern flare that make me want to be a better cook? Oh I know, because I wouldn't want to leave the room, so I'd need cooking as a reason to stay :). We've been talking about being home owners one day, and the thought has been getting me in kitchen design mode.
Tonight I'm San Diego bound--yes, I am in California! My sister in law is marrying her high school sweetheart, Josh, in three weeks, and this weekend is her bachelorette party. It has been a wonderful few days spending time with Matt's side of the family and I even had the chance for a mini trip to the bay with my friend Kara and her adorable toddler, Jack! Now time for a girls weekend. Happy Friday, friends.
( PS- Do you have your coffee mugs out on display? )
Quote by T.S. Elliot. *First photograph source unknown.
Welcome to San Diego! Wish we could freeze time before you go so we could grab coffee together. Have a fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteRegarding coffee—we keep our mugs hidden, though I feel super inspired by all of these photos to switch things up in the future. Love it!
I am back in Long Beach in about three weeks, for a longer stay--so maybe you, Karen, and I need to meet up at the Panikin :) I would totally drive down!
ReplyDeleteAren't the photos so fun!? I'm tempted to buy more so that I have a fun colorful collection for open shelving--I've been seeing cute ones everywhere (but don't want to become a mug hoarder! haha)
I am in love with displaying the varying coffee cups, especially when they have so much personality! I visited a church that had its mugs hanging along the wall.
ReplyDeleteOh, how marvelous the wedding season is :)
Kelsey, you are so right--mugs with personality are best displayed and out for all to see! :)
ReplyDelete