Can I be honest? I am feeling a little bit disconnected from my Denver life. Right when I get back in the swing, its time to travel again - which has been amazing - but at the same time, I feel my home life has been neglected a bit. Because of that, I've decided I'm going to unplug. A few days to soak in these last moments of summer are much needed. With no distractions and time to center myself and have a little quality one on one with this city, with these little moments, and with my family, the people at work, and everything else that I feel like I've been too busy for lately. My first priority is to not be too busy for the simple things, because that is what life is made up of--and I feel like I have been. Can you relate? My weekend in California opened my eyes to this, as I probably spent more time laughing and enjoying the little moments these past few days unplugged than I have in a while. And its been good to feel that. I want that feeling that found me in California this past weekend to meet me right here in Denver.
I've been writing for the Love Yourself Linkup each Tuesday, and I think this is the way I need to love myself right now: by stepping away and re-shifting my focus. My cousin's baby is due any day. We have friends who just moved here. A cross country road trip is just around the corner. I have design endeavors I want to explore. On top of so many other things that I don't want to miss. So, friends, I'll be back in a bit. Maybe a day or two, maybe a week. See you soon!
(& in the meantime, check out some other bloggers listed in the right column under "Reading List" or the amazing women who link up with the Love Yourself and Choose Beauty Linkup each week).
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.