Oh, denim! Oh, chambray! You may have become the biggest fashion crush of the year, but my eyes still love to see you in washed out, soft, and worn in form. Even better? Upcycled denim, worn again and again, because aren't you supposed to last a lifetime?
This pair of denim has been repurpose twice now. First, from jeans with faded knees turned to ombré shorts (DIY here), and now cutoff shorties. Worn to the max, worn to comfort, and will still be worn as long as the sun is out--these jeans have had quite the life. I absolutely love the bleached out effect paired with a denim top. It may be my favorite "about town" end of summer look.
How to make denim cutoffs: 1 // Lay your jeans or shorts on a flat surface 2 // Using another pair of shorts that fit you well, lay them on top to somewhat "trace" your pattern. You can draw a line or use the shorts as a guide to cut your new denim. I just cut my denim along the bottom angle of the shorts I placed on top 3 // Trim loose ends and touch up using scissors to cut off any jagged edges 4 // Wear!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love and appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.